Holiday Shipping Tips
It’s not yet time for eggnog and fruitcake, but the holidays are on their way and they bring with them the peak Holiday shipping season. Neighborhood Parcel has been providing holiday shipping services in Merrimack valley since 2006 and is glad to provide you with the following tips: Here are some things you can do to keep your holiday shipping operation running smoothly and within budget:
How To Save On Holiday Shipping
We are now at one of the busiest shipping times of the year. Customers are filling those last minute holiday purchases and scrambling to get their gifts to their loved ones. Supply and demand are the driving factors in every business and logistics are no different, so plan ahead and book early in order to meet your important holiday deadlines.
1. Put the mouse away and use a local shipping center:
Most consumers don’t realize that the posted rates on the dot com sites like FedEx, UPS and DHL are retail rates and using a credit card to pay include a consent that you will be billed for any accessory charges from dimensional weight adjustment, to address correction fees and pick up surcharges. While it is convenient, the hidden fees can easily add 20 to 40% to the advertised rates. Using a shipping center like ours, usually means that once you pay and checkout, you will not be charged any hidden fees and you will be supporting a local business.
2. Chose Wisely: Neighborhood Parcel can help you chose from a long list of carriers that will meet your budget and delivery time. Our computers will scan all carrier rates and present you with a wide selection of choices all available at your finger tips.
3. Ship early when possible. Although Neighborhood Parcel makes every effort to deliver holiday ground shipments with the same transit times as the rest of the year, we can’t guarantee Ground shipments during the two weeks before Christmas due to unusually high volume. A good rule of thumb is to allow seven business days for ground shipments during those last two weeks, particularly for long distances; your shipment may arrive sooner, of course. Ground shipping is the most affordable option, so shipping early will ensure that your package arrive on time at the cheapest option. Often West Coast Deliveries will take 4-5 Business Days and East Coast will often be delivered with 1 to days via FedEx and UPS ground.
4. Package safely. It always makes good sense to package your shipments to avoid damages en route, but it’s especially important during peak season, use proper packaging material or have us do the packaging for you. Avoid the flimsy boxes you will find at Home Depot and Staples, they are not rated for shipping and will often collapse half way to the destination. Use approved tape, no masking or duct tape to secure your contents.
5. Use a reliable vendor By making Neighborhood Parcel your sole shipping source, you’ll discover even greater volume discounts and the most reliable service in the industry. We often recommend FedEx Home Delivery or UPS ground for your domestic shipping needs and DHL for all Overseas services. Remember cheaper is not always better. Contact us for details (978)851-0199