Holiday shipping season is upon us! Let Neighborhood Parcel handle all your shipping and packaging this season! Ship Early and save! The new FedEx and UPS Ground shipping rates are much lower than the US Post Office Priority Mail rates! Avoid waiting in long lines and come to Neighborhood Parcel for quick and easy shipping service. The biggest advice we can give this holiday season is to ship early! When you do, you can utilize the Ground Services of FedEx, UPS and The Post Office to get your gifts delivered economically without having to fly them last minute to their destinations. Also, keep in mind that all U.S carriers will implement their “Holiday Surcharges” after Thanksgiving, the fees are to offset the spike in volume and the additional cost the carriers incurred in handling the holiday volume, they can range for $4 to $12 per package depending on size and zone!
Holiday Shipping Tips
- Ship Early, preferably before Thanksgiving.
- Use the proper packaging material.
- Insure your valuable shipments of $100 or more against loss and damage.
- Avoid shipping prohibited items like flammables, dangerous goods, and wine.
- Utilize a trackable shipment service like FedEx Ground and UPS Ground.
- Avoid long lines at the Post Office by using an independent shipping center like Neighborhood Parcel.
- Use Coupons for discounted shipping rates.
Shipping Services Features
- Free Address Correction.
- Free Address Book bookmarks in our POS system.
- Free Insurance of up to $100.00 against loss and damage.
- Quick Checkout Process.
- Real-time Online Tracking.
- Free Carrier Supplies.
Holiday Shipping Surcharges
FedEx will charge $27.50 for Oversize Packages, $150 for Ground Unauthorized Packages and $3.20 for Additional Handling. The United Parcel Service (UPS) uses slightly different names, but these categories look very similar to FedEx’s. UPS will charge $26.20 for Large Packages, $165 for packages Over Maximum Limits and $3.15 for Additional Handling (UPS did not have an Additional Handling surcharge during the holidays last year).