How to select the best International shipping service company
Many people are simply scared to select an international shipping service because of horrific stories shared by relations of disappointments experienced in moving their goods across different international destinations. If you share this feeling, all I can say is fear no more and read this article because we share your concerns too.
As first time shipper, it’s not as simply selecting a company due to so many things to consider. However, my experience as a global shipping service agent will be helpful in guiding you through the basics to select the right international shipping company that promises peace of mind to ship overseas. Before starting on your search, have these three things in mind.
- You are the shipper and everything starts and ends with you. Therefore, you need knowledge, not fear to successfully locate and hire the best shipping service.
- You cannot do it all by yourself, you need a service company that knows the terrain to be your compass.
- As the shipper, although cost is important, don’t select a service company only because of the rate.
Not All Shipping Companies Are The Same
To select a reputable and reliable international shipping company, here are some questions you will need to answer:
- Legal clearance: Find out if the company is duly registered, answerable to relevant industry regulators, belong to best practice bodies and recognized by major players in the industry. It’s a multi-billion dollar industry; any serious player must meet regulatory standards. If they do, they won’t toy with their integrity because of one transaction.
- Verifiable location: This is a major service in shipping chains; the responsibilities they carry require a physical office. If you can’t pin them to an office, please don’t deal.
- Contact person: In shopping for credible shipping service, you need a contact person so designated by the company. If no such person exists, please look elsewhere.
If you got satisfactory answers to all questions, next tips are equally vital to your search. Always remember you are the shipper responsible for your cargo’s safe movement; it’s all about your decision. The law expects you to understand every important thing about shipping. Thus getting a credible, knowledgeable and professional service is your GOAL.
Tips For Selecting International Shipping company
- Professional: When you meet the company, watch for professionalism, courteous service, knowledge and attention to detail. If you feel unsatisfied, please move on.
- Cargo loading: This is your main reason for a shipping service, find out what’s their approach to your cargo handling, everything matters here! Your concern should be to move all necessary cargos safely to point of destination. Just ask direct questions and get answers.
- Pricing: Even though this is not the only reason to choose, it is important you have a fair pricing. Ask to know what is included in the quote. Also, ask for discounts and get a good bargain. Always remember, until your cargo is safely delivered, you can’t estimate your total costs to ship overseas.
- Sundry questions: Ask about safety and necessarily, about insurance cover; be prepared for additional coverage as the standard cover usually won’t fully compensate your losses on certain items. Find out the shipping line and duration.
Finally, while it’s important to search carefully for the best shipping company, you are happier getting a lead from someone who had shipped before or from relevant industry regulators and players; this is where Neighborhood parcel is your best help to save valuable time and money.
Neighborhood Parcel has years of experience helping international shippers and Logistic firms turning their dreams of safe shipping into realities. We are locally owned with over a decade of excellent service and helping shippers ship overseas. We keep strong relationships with our ground, ocean and air carriers. We can help you select the best network of transportation to get your valuable shipment delivered safely and on time. Here is what you need to know about Neighborhood Parcel:
- Locally Owned And Operated Business.
- A+ Rating With Better Business Bureau.
- Reliable Network Of Ocean, Ground, and Air Carriers.
- NVOCC Approved Freight Forwarders.
- Authorized Shipping Center For FedEx, DHL and U.S Post Office.
Linda Franks Andover MA